What does F 11 mean?
Answer Hello Jim! F11 fault code indicates that the communication between the Central Control Unit (CCU) and the Motor Control Unit (MCU) cannot be sent correctly. 1. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
2. Check wire harness connections to the MCU, the motor, and Central Control Unit (CCU).
3. Check the drive system for any worn or failed components.
4. Plug in washer or reconnect power.
5. Verify CCU operation by running a Diagnostic test or any cycle.
6. Check the MCU by looking for operations of the drive motor.
7. Check the drive motor for powered rotations.
8. Check that the serial harness at the MCU is not mounted upside down. The wires should be to the left when facing the MCU connectors.
I've been getting a fault code F02 on this washer and in doing the research, I'm amazed at the objects people are finding in the drain tubes and trap and I'm curious... how do things as large as washcloths, underwear, socks, keys, etc. escape the drum and clog the tube(s) and coin trap? Where is there an opening that large in the drum?
By the way, I cleared the long drain hose by disconnecting the hose from the pump end, brought the drain end behind the washer out of the drain pipe in the wall and used a garden hose with a high pressure nozzle in that end to force a reverse flow of water into a bucket. Got a lot of lint and sludge. Removed and cleaned the coin trap- there was very little (almost nothing) in it and that was the first time it's been out in the life of the washer. Still getting the 02 code though. I didn't check the black large tube from the drum to the pump though.
Mainly, I'm just really dumbfounded about the large objects people are finding in the drain system.
There is a little space between the inner and outer front tub of the washer. This small space can allow larger items like wash clothes etc. to get through the space especially when a unit is being overloaded. This is the reason they design the pump to have a filter trap to collect these items incase they do get through. And in most cases the filter catches them and they do not get into the pump and damage the pump, although there are cases that the items do get into the pump.
Error code 5d ,will not pump out.
Answer Hello Danny. Possible Causes/Procedure
¦ If too much detergent was used:
– Run the unit through a RINSE/SPIN cycle.
– Run a NORMAL cycle without adding any detergent.
¦ This should clear the unit of the excess detergent.
1. Check the drain hose and make sure it is not plugged or
2. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
3. Check wire harness connections to the drain pump, pressure
switch, and Central Control Unit (CCU).
4. Check/clean drain pump filter of foreign objects.
5. Plug in washer or reconnect power.
6. Check drain pump.
7. Check the pressure switch.
Replace the drain pump.
Water does not drain after cycle.
Answer Hello Victor. Check and see if the pump is clogged or if the lid switch is bad on the unit. You can test the lid switch with a multi-meter TJMA-DMT3. Here is a link on how to use a multi-meter. http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/oven-repair-including-ranges-cooktops/4810-how-check-continuity-ohmmeter.html
I just need to change the pump motor not the whole assembly, why cant I get just motor?
Answer Hello Whitey! Unfortunately, the manufacturer only offers the drain pump with the motor as an assembly, part number 280187. Sorry about that!