My whirlpool microwave no more heat.
Answer Hello Khanh. You most likely have a "high voltage" side malfunction. Transformer, diode, magnetron, Capacitor. You will need to be extremely careful if you decide to test the components with a multi meter, Very high residual voltage is present, so make sure you remove power to the microwave and short across the terminals on the capacitor. The magnetron should have a reading of less than 1 ohm resistance across the two terminals, and an "open" circuit between each terminal and chassis ground. The diode/rectifier should have a resistance reading in one direction only, no resistance, or resistance in both directions indicate a faulty diode. The primary winding on the trans former should read approximately 450 Ohms resistance, the secondary winding should read 80 ohms resistance, and the filament transformer should read 100 ohms resistance. If all the readings are proper and in range, replace the magnetron.
Does the diode connect to the capacitor?
Answer Hello Renee. Yes, the diode does connect to the capacitor on the unit.
Microwave starts then shuts off after two seconds. It use to run but not heat up. Hasn't been used for 6 months. I tried other day just 2 seconds and turn off.
Answer Hello Jojo. It sounds like the control board is bad. As for the heating issue, it could be the magnetron or the HV transformer. The control board 8184747 has been permanently discontinued by the manufacturer and we don't know of any source or replacement for the part.