Kenmore microwave has power but no heat. I plan to change the fuse but it does not indicate the amps.
Answer Hello Robert. If the fuse were bad the unit would be dead. You most likely have a "high voltage" side malfunction. Transformer, diode, magnetron, Capacitor. You will need to be extremely careful if you decide to test the components with a multi meter, Very high residual voltage is present, so make sure you remove power to the microwave and short across the terminals on the capacitor. The magnetron should have a reading of less than 1 ohm resistance across the two terminals, and an "open" circuit between each terminal and chassis ground. The diode/rectifier should have a resistance reading in one direction only, no resistance, or resistance in both directions indicate a faulty diode. The primary winding on the trans former should read approximately 450 Ohms resistance, the secondary winding should read 80 ohms resistance, and the filament transformer should read 100 ohms resistance. If all the readings are proper and in range, replace the magnetron.
Our Kenmore Microwave has no power. We believe it to be the fuse but we cannot find where the fuse is in the unit. Please, advise. Dale
Answer Hello Dale. You will need to remove the microwave and remove the outer cover to access and replace the fuse 3601-001198 in the unit. This is the only way to access and replace the fuse. Hope this helps.