The microwave runs but won't heat up anything. What parts do I need?
Answer Hello Desperate,
This is a dangerous situation to diagnose. The unit needs to be open and turned on with the cover off and using a test meter, the LOW VOLTAGE side of the transformer needs to be tested for 1220Vac. DO NOT TEST ON THE OUTPUT SIDE OF THE HIGH VOLTAGE TRANSFORMER unless you have a high voltage probe as used on CRT type television sets. There is the possibility of electrical shock and/or death if you get into the high voltage side. If there is low voltage, (120Vac), present at the transformer, the issue will be either the magnetron, high voltage transformer, high voltage capacitor, or the high voltage diode. If the 120Vac is not present at the low voltage side of the high voltage transformer, the issue will be a door switch, the control board, a fuse, or associated wiring.