Noticed the refrigerator section is not cooling..when the frezzer section door is opened the evaporator fan seems to be running..when it is closed..it does not and hence the refrigerator section is not cooling
Answer Hello Harry. You need to look for a defrost issue. It sounds like the coils are frozen over. If so, you will need to test the defrost heater and the defrost thermostat. They should read closed for continuity when cold. You can test this with a multi-meter TJMA-DMT3. I will include a link at the end to assist you how to use the multi-meter if needed. If both parts are good, you will need to replace the control board. Once the problem is repaired, you will need to thaw out the ice on the coils before the unit will operate properly. http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/oven-repair-including-ranges-cooktops/4810-how-check-continuity-ohmmeter.html
How can I remove the plastic cover over the air baffle? There must be some way to release it. I put a screw driver underneath the middle but no luck in popping the cover. I don't want to break it. Thank you, Joyce
Answer Hello Joyce,
I tried to send you a service manual but your e-mail address that you posted said the delivery failed permanently. I'm assuming it's your virus protection. Well, anyway, here's the written version of the instructions.
1. Unplug refrigerator or disconnect power.
2. Remove the temp-controlled drawer for the motorized air door you are removing.
3. Remove the two hex-head screws from the motorized air door cover.
4. Pull the motorized air door assembly forward and turn it over.
5. Disconnect the motorized air door wire connector from the wire harness, and remove the air door.
6. Peel off the adhesive covering from over the motorized air door, and remove the air door.
There is a piece of Styrofoam that is between the air baffle and cover. Should i remove that? is it needed?
Answer Hello Karen. Yes, the styrofoam is needed in the installation of the baffle 2221296. It should go back together, and there should be cutouts for the wires in the styrofoam. Hope this helps.