How do I test the lid switch?
Answer Hello Edward,
The easiest way to test the lid switch is to bypass it. Jump one black connection to the other black connection. If the unit will then run in spin but will not with the switch plugged in and the lid closed, the lid switch 3949247 has failed. (Never connect either line to the green connection since this will trip the breaker and might damage the wiring harness).
How do I get to the lid switch to check it?
Answer Hello Johnny! Here are the instructions from the manufacture on how to replace the lid switch 40034901P. Thanks!
Shut off power to the unit.
Service Access Panel/Front Panel:
1. Remove bottom screws in Access Panel.
2. Remove lower screws in Front Panel.
1. Remove front panel, see “Front Panel” procedure.
2. Remove screws securing cabinet top.
3. Tape loading door closed and lift cabinet top to a vertical position by hinging it on the rear hinges.
NOTE: Cabinet top is self supporting, a small chain may be used for additional support.
4. Disconnect wires from door switch.
5. Remove screw securing door switch assembly to underside of cabinet top.
NOTE: See appropriate wiring diagram when rewiring components.
6. Remove screws securing switch to switch holder.
7. Remove switch from switch holder.
8. Reverse procedure to reassemble.