While washing a load of clothes.. I heard a loud noise, like something really tore up.. went in to check and machine had quit and F11 was flashing..and machine had a burned wiring smell coming from it ...any ideas?
Answer Marty, The F11 error code on Duet washers usually indicates a communication error between the CCU and the MCU. " F11 Serial Communication Error Communication between the Central Control Unit(CCU) and the Motor Control Unit(MCU) cannot be sent correctly." You'll need to remove the lower access panel and the top panel and check for damaged wires or something having come loose and damaged the wiring or boards. The failure doesn't always include a loud noise, but a burnt wire smell can accompany a board or motor failure.
Right after my washer start filling up with water the F-H code shows up.
Is there something wrong with the CCU?
Thanks so much!
Answer Hello Julienne. Possible Causes / Procedure
¦ If there is no water in the unit:
— Make sure that both valves at the water source(s) are turned
on all the way.
— Check for plugged or kinked inlet hoses or plugged screens in
the inlet valves.
— Verify inlet valve operation.
¦ If there is water in the unit:
— Verify drain pump operation.
— Verify that the pressure switch hose is in good condition and
properly connected to tub and pressure switch.
1. Verify there is not a siphon problem.
2. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
3. Verify wire harness connections to inlet valves,
pressure switch, drain pump, flow meter, and
Central Control Unit (CCU).
4. Check all hoses for possible leaks.
5. Plug in washer or reconnect power
6. Verify pressure switch operation.
7. Verify flow meter operation by blowing air through the part and
measuring the resistance.
8. Verify CCU operation by running a Diagnostic test or any cycle