How difficult is it to replace the electronic control board on the washer?
Answer Hello Dwayne,
1. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
2. Turn off the water supply to the washer.
3. Remove the three T-20 hex-head Torx screws from the top cover of the washer.
4. Pull back on the cover and release the tabs in the console from the slots in the
cover, then lift the cover off the unit.
5. To remove the console:
a) Pull out and disconnect cable connector UI8 from the central control unit.
b) Remove the cable wires from the two central control unit clips.
c) Pull the detergent dispenser drawer out as far as it will go, then press down
on the release tab, and remove the drawer from the unit.
d) Remove the two screws at the recessed hole and bottom of the console.
e) Lift the top edge of the console and unhook it from the holder clips.
f) Press the locking tab on the right rear side of the console inward, and remove
6. To remove the touchpad/LED assembly:
a) Pull the selector knob off the switch shaft.
b) Press the seven console locking tabs, and unsnap the touchpad/LED assembly,
then lift the assembly from the console and remove it.
REMOVING THE CENTRAL CONTROL UNIT
Pull the wire connectors off the edges of the central control unit circuit board (see
the top right photo). When you pull an edge connector off the board, first pry the
locking tab away from the connector with a small screwdriver blade to release it.
Slide the hooked ends of the two wire clamps off the locking tabs, and remove
the wires from the clamps. Pry up on the locking tab, and push the central control unit (CCU) toward the rear of the washer as far as it will go, and remove the CCU tabs from the keyhole slots in the chassis. REASSEMBLY NOTE: Make sure that you seat the connectors firmly onto the circuit board, and that they lock securely
Machine keeps throwing up a error code F 28. Assume it's the control panel. Are there any other possibilities to consider?
Answer Hello Tony. The communication between the Central Control Unit (CCU) and the User Interface Board
(UI) cannot be sent correctly. This error code is only shown in Diagnostic test. Possible Causes/Procedure - Unplug washer or disconnect power.
- Check that the power cord terminals are connected at the right position to the RFI filter
- Check the two ground switches are pressed correctly by the toe and rear panels.
- Check that ground switches are fitted correctly, and are not broken and the green
ground wires are connected correctly.
- Check both ground switches are not broken or have not scratch on them.
- Check that all the ground harnesses (green wires) are connected correctly and are not
broken or wires became detached.
- Check all wire harness connections from the CCU (MI3 cavity), main Motor and MCU are
not broken or wires detached and connector internal pins are visible.
- Check for continuity from the MCU connector wires to CCU (MI3 cavity) connector.
- If the continuity diagnosis failed the Main Harness must be replaced.
- Make sure that all the connectors are fully seated.
- Check the drive system for any worn or failed components.
- Plug in washer or reconnect power.
- Verify the unit operation by running the Diagnostic Test cycle. See page 5.
- After the diagnostic test has finished, unplug washer or disconnect power and
wait for 15 seconds.