Machine keeps throwing up a error code F 28. Assume it's the control panel. Are there any other possibilities to consider?
Answer Hello Tony. The communication between the Central Control Unit (CCU) and the User Interface Board
(UI) cannot be sent correctly. This error code is only shown in Diagnostic test. Possible Causes/Procedure - Unplug washer or disconnect power.
- Check that the power cord terminals are connected at the right position to the RFI filter
- Check the two ground switches are pressed correctly by the toe and rear panels.
- Check that ground switches are fitted correctly, and are not broken and the green
ground wires are connected correctly.
- Check both ground switches are not broken or have not scratch on them.
- Check that all the ground harnesses (green wires) are connected correctly and are not
broken or wires became detached.
- Check all wire harness connections from the CCU (MI3 cavity), main Motor and MCU are
not broken or wires detached and connector internal pins are visible.
- Check for continuity from the MCU connector wires to CCU (MI3 cavity) connector.
- If the continuity diagnosis failed the Main Harness must be replaced.
- Make sure that all the connectors are fully seated.
- Check the drive system for any worn or failed components.
- Plug in washer or reconnect power.
- Verify the unit operation by running the Diagnostic Test cycle. See page 5.
- After the diagnostic test has finished, unplug washer or disconnect power and
wait for 15 seconds.