After I engaged the self cleaning button, the oven quit working. I can no longer bake or broil. The display stated the oven cleaning was complete, but it never launched. Error code displayed is "E 1 - F 5 LOCKED." When I push the Cancel Button, the display becomes "END LOCKED CLEAN" and stays there for 3 minutes before reverting to the "E 1 - F 5" msg. The oven door is not locking or locked although the display states it is. I would expect that if the locking mechanism isn't working, then the Clean function would not work, but the oven would allow me to bake or broil. This is the 1st time I attempted to use the self cleaning option. Prior to that the oven worked fine. I also disconnected the power source for 4 minutes, but that did not fix the problem. HELP, please!
The F5 E1 error code is an indication that the door latch is not operating. You will want to do the following steps to determine if it is the board or the latch causing the issue.
1. Verify error code by pressing and holding CANCEL/OFF key for 5 seconds. Momentarily (less than 5 sec.) press CANCEL/OFF key again to remove error code display.
2. If the door is not latched (locked), ensure that it is completely closed. Press CLEAN then START/ENTER. Verify that the latch motor is operating.
3. Unplug range or disconnect power.
4. If motor did operate, check integrity of latch mechanism from cam/eccentric, through actuating rod, to latch pawl and door slot. Ensure that pawl aligns with the door slot. Correct any mechanical malfunction. Go to step 6.
5. If motor did not operate, check continuity of the latch motor and of electrical connections between oven control and door latch motor assembly.
- If continuity is not present, replace door latch motor assembly.
- If continuity is present, replace control.
6. Plug in range or reconnect power.
7. Put range into CLEAN mode to verify proper operation.