Washing machine will not power on. Power is coming to ccu.
Answer Hello, If you have power coming to the CCU, but no response, you will need to change out the CCU. The part you are asking about is the motor controler, and the part you will need is the CCU. Here is the part number for the CCU. W10205839 Hope this helps.
1 person found this answer helpful.
My washer is not spinning, we did clean all the coins and stuff out of the drain. Since its been cold the washer works great if the weather is cold but when its hot it no longer spins: Now after a few loads it does not spin or even turn in the wash cycle. Thanks
Answer Hello June,
You will need to remove the kickpanel and pull the tech sheet. This will explain how to put the unit into the diagnostic mode. The fault codes pulled in this mode will direct you to the failure. You should unplug each connector from the main board W10205839 and reconnect them one at a time in case it is a connection issue. The same thing should be done on the motor control board W10197864. This complaint sounds like either the motor control board or the motor W10140579 is at fault if no poor connections are present.
I'm getting an F28 error. Is there a way to test the MCU AP4362572 to confirm that it is malfunctioning before I order a replacement?
Additionally, do you recommend any other troubleshooting steps to help determine if there are additional parts that I should order?
Answer Hello Paul. Per the manufacturer. The communication between the Central Control Unit (CCU) and
the Motor Control Unit (MCU) cannot be sent correctly. Possible Causes/Procedure
1. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
2. Check wire harness connections to the MCU, the motor, and
Central Control Unit (CCU).
– Check connections of the CCU board within the housing.
– Make sure all grounding switches are engaged.
3. Check the drive system for any worn or failed components.
4. Plug in washer or reconnect power.
5. Verify CCU operation by running a Diagnostic Test or any
6. Check the MCU by looking for operations of the drive motor.
7. Check the drive motor for powered rotations.
8. Check that the serial harness at the MCU is not mounted
upside down. The wires should be to the left when facing
the MCU connectors.
This is the way the manufacturer tells the technician of the unit how to test the boards.