Have a kenmore he2 plus. had a flood, about a foot of water. Now when turn on and try a cycle it would just lock the door then unlock then turn off. Tried runing the self test, hold button for 4 sec on/off. Would just lock and unlock. When run the error code memory it show F28.
The F28 error code indicates that there is a serial communication error. The communication between the central control unit and the motor control unit cannot be sent correctly. Possible causes/procedures
- Unplug washer or disconnect power.
- Check that the power cord terminals are connected at the right position to the RFI filter (white-Neutral/ black-Line).
- Check that the two ground switches are pressed correctly by the toe and rear panels.
- Check that ground switches are fitted correctly, and are not broken and the green ground wires are connected correctly.
- Make sure that both ground switches are not broken or scratched.
- Make sure that all the ground harnesses (green wires) are connected correctly, and are not broken or with wires detached.
- Make sure that all wire harness connections from the CCU (MI3 cavity), main Motor, and MCU are not broken or with wires detached, and that connector internal pins are visible.
- Check for continuity from the MCU connector wires to CCU (MI3 cavity) connector.
- If the continuity diagnosis failed, the Main Harness must be replaced.
- Make sure that all the connectors are fully seated.
- Check the drive system for any worn or failed components.
- Plug in washer or reconnect power.
- Verify the unit operation by running the Diagnostic Test cycle.
- After the diagnostic test has finished, unplug washer or disconnect power and wait for 15 second
Note: This question is for the older version of this part, but we thought you might still find it helpful
When the washer is in the drain and spin cycle, it will drain the water, but the tub will only rotate about 3/4 off a turn. I ran a diagnostic check and came up with an F25 for an error code. I would appreciate your input. Thanks, John
Answer John, The F25 error code indicates and error in the MCU [AP4410539 or the wiring harness between the MCU and the CCU W10525357 . You'll need a multi meter to test the resistance of the motor windings, and the wiring harness, and replace the appropriate part. Apparently you have the tech data sheet, so you will want to conduct the motor resistance and tchometer resistance tests, to eliminate the motor as the issue, then check the harness between the control boards and reoplace the MCU if alls OK. Thanks