How do I remove the old control panel and install the new one for my model?
Answer Hello Jean. Control Panel
1. Remove maintop assembly.
2. Remove screws securing control panel heat shield.
3. Remove screws securing bottom outside edges of the
4. Pull unit out from the wall far enough to allow the
back outside screws to be loosened.
5. Loosen the back outside screws securing control
panel to backguard.
6. Grasp front lower outside edges of the control panel
and push inward on the outside edges of the
backguard to release the control panel front.
NOTE: Front edges of the control panel are difficult to
release from backguard.
7. Once the control panel bottom edges are free, pull
control panel forward and raise the control panel
upward to release screws securing top back edges
and allow control panel to tip forward.
8. Reverse procedure to reinstall control panel.