The lights are very dim. Some I can not read at all, others only with the lights off in the kitchen. Do I need a new control board or a control panel?
Answer Hello Donna, The lights are controlled completely by the control board 8302967. The panel has a display window that the control board lighting shines through. The board will solve this issue for you. Be sure to discontinue power to the unit before beginning service to prevent electric shock. Let us know if we can help you further.
How do you remove the control panel?
Answer Hello Michael! Here are the instructions from the manufacture, hope it helps!
1. Disconnect the electrical power to the double oven.
2. Open the lower oven door.
3. Remove the bottom screw from each of the two side trim pieces (see below).
4. To remove the side trim, pull the bottom out approximately 2?, and slide the top down to free it from the control panel.
5. Remove the screws from the oven control panel.
6. To remove the oven control panel, pull it out at the bottom, and lift and unhook it from the oven cabinet support at the top.
7. Disconnect the wire connectors from the control board and set the panel face down on a padded surface to protect the finish.
8. To remove the thermal fuse, disconnect it from the main harness connector.
9. To remove the oven control/display boards:
a) Remove the mounting screws.
b) Lift the ends of the locking arm and disconnect the ribbon cable from its connector.
NOTE: The control and display boards are designed to be replaced as an assembly.
10. To remove the touch panel assembly:
a) Push the window and flat ribbon cable area out of the control panel so you can grasp the edge of the touch panel on the other side.