The replacement top for the Model above.
Does instructions come with the part on how to replace the top?
Answer Hello Roy. No, the cooktop 5706X358-81 does not come with instructions. However, here is the way you replace the cooktop. Hope this helps. 1. Turn power off.
2. Open oven door and remove screws securing
maintop to oven chassis, located on the outside
edges of the maintop.
3. Raise the front edge of the maintop and pull forward
approximately 6 inches.
4. Label and disconnect wire terminal plugs from the
5. Lift maintop assembly from the oven chassis.
6. Reverse procedures to reinstall maintop assembly.
We have Maytag Gemini MER6871AAA with a cracked cook top. Do you carry this item, how much is it?
Answer Hello Bill! I have located models MER6871AA*. For a black top with black glass order 5706X352-09. For a chrome frame with black glass order 5706X353-30. For a white frame with a black speckled glass order 5706X358-81. The bisque frame with black speckled glass 74005180 has been discontinued by the manufacturer. Hope this helps you!