Is this cooktop easy to install myself? Does it come with instructions?
Answer Hello Robert,
This is not a difficult repair, but the part does not come with instructions. The service manual tells how to remove it like this:
CAUTION: When you work on the electric range, be careful when handling the sheet metal parts. Sharp edges may be present, and you can cut yourself if you are not careful.
1. Turn off the electrical supply to the range.
2. Open the oven door and remove the screws from under the front of the maintop, then close the oven door.
3. Slide the maintop forward as far as possible and remove the ground wire and main harness strain relief from the rear of the maintop.
4. Lay a protective covering between the maintop and the range to protect the finish, then turn the maintop over and lay it on the covering so that you can access the components.
5. Remove the two screws from the bracket of the hot surface indicator light.
6. Remove the screws from the element retaining brackets, unhook them from the maintop, and remove them.
7. Clean the bottom glass of the new maintop and remove any debris.
8. Lift the elements off the old maintop and place them on the new maintop at the same locations.
9. Install the new maintop and reassemble the range.
REASSEMBLY NOTE: When reinstalling the maintop, make sure that it is centered on the range, that the side brackets are engaged, and that the rear side flanges are inside the end caps. Some units have spacers that should be removed and installed on the new main top to maintain the level of the main top so dishes will not go to one side of the cooking vessel.
Can I get the cooktop in bisque?
Answer Hello Mike! Yes, the cooktop is available in bisque as part number 8187866. Thanks!