I need to replace the glass cook top on my stove. How would I do that?
Answer Hello Kaydrew. 1. Turn off the electrical supply to the range.
2. Open the oven door and remove the screws
from under the front of the maintop, then close
the oven door.
3. Slide the maintop forward as far as possible
and remove the ground wire and main harness
strain relief from the rear of the maintop.
4. Lay a protective covering between the maintop
and the range to protect the finish, then turn
the maintop over and lay it on the covering so
that you can access the components. 5. Remove the two screws from the bracket of
the hot surface indicator light.
6. Remove the screws from the element retaining
brackets, unhook them from the maintop,
and remove them.
7. Clean the bottom glass of the new maintop W10179847
and remove any debris. 8. Lift the elements off the old maintop and place
them on the new maintop at the same locations.
9. Install the new maintop and reassemble the
range. REASSEMBLY NOTE: When reinstalling
the maintop, make sure that it is centered
on the range, that the side brackets are engaged,
and that the rear side flanges are
inside the end caps. Hope this helps.