I need to replace toe cooktop glass part #W10239357. What is the procedure to remove the old one?
Answer Hello David,
The service manual explains the procedure as follows:
1. Remove power from unit.
2. Remove range from installation position.
3. Remove air grill, filter, grill grates, aeration pan and cartridges (select models).
4. Remove screws from plenum area at front of opening.
5. Open oven door and remove screws securing maintop to oven chassis, located on the bottom of control panel and along the outside edges of the maintop.
6. Remove cartridge receptacles and grill pans (select models).
7. Label and disconnect wiring to elements (select models).
8. Remove screws securing element mounting brackets to main top assembly (select models).
9. Gently remove elements from mounting brackets to prevent damage to glass top (select models).
10. Reverse procedure to re-install maintop assembly.
What is the difference between the glass top part # w10239357 or w10239360?
Answer Rylan, cooktop part number W10239357 (W10239357) is black in color and W10239360 (W10239360) is white in color. Thanks!