I need to replace the soap dispenser unit and I have identified the part as #3591506. I have two questions: what tool is needed to remove the screws that hold the inner door assembly? Second, is there a step by step installation instruction sheet available? Thanks!
Answer hELLO jEFF. 1. Disconnect electrical power from dishwasher.
2. With dishwasher door closed, loosen the two (2) toe panel
screws, but do not remove them.
3. Remove two (2) screws from top of access panel. Pull top of
access panel away from door, lift up and remove. See Figure 4.
4. Remove two (2) screws from bottom of outer door panel.
5. Refer to detail inset in Figure 4. Slide outer door panel
downward until slots in door panel align with slots in
door frame, then pull door panel straight off.
6. Disconnect electrical connectors from terminals of
7. Referring to Figure 5, remove the two (2) metal dispenser
retainers: First remove the two (2) outer edge screws from
the control mounting bracket and detergent dispenser shield.
Next remove the three (3) screws from the bottom retainer,
releasing it. Reach under the detergent dispenser shield to
remove the remaining screw from the center hole of the
upper retainer. Set the retainers aside for later reinstallation. 8. With dishwasher door open, reach under and press
the tabs at each end of dispenser to release it. Lift
dispenser 8193920 up from inner door panel to remove it.
9. Remove blue rinse aid cap to take note of
rinse aid dial setting, then replace cap.