What is best way to change seal in tub bottom ?
Answer Hello Hoochanelly. Here are the instructions from the manufacture. Hope this helps.
Triple Lip/Bearing Style Units
1. Remove agitator, see “Agitator” procedure.
2. Unsnap and remove Outer Tub Cover.
3. Remove O-Ring from transmission output shaft.
4. Use spanner wrench TJSHSW-1 and seal tool
TJ22002898 to remove seal nut.
6. Remove lint filter.
7. Remove washtub hub with Maytag spanner tool
TJ22038313. Turn spanner counterclockwise to remove.
It may be necessary to lock transmission from
turning. Attach clamp or Visegrip® tool to
transmission only as shown. Transmission will stop
rotating when clamp contacts tub support.
8. Disconnect tub drain hose from outer tub.
9. Remove bolts from motor assembly and drop motor
down to base. Disconnect wire harness from motor
10.Remove drive belt from transmission pulley.
11. Remove pressure hose from pressure bulb on outer
12. Lift outer tub and transmission assembly out of
washer cabinet. Turn outer tub and transmission
assembly upside-down on protective padding.
13.Remove screws holding leg support to outer tub.
Separate transmission assembly from outer tub.
14.Remove seal and bearing using the brake removal tool
12002012 with included 3" PVC end cap.
15.Coat new triple lip seal with petroleum jelly.
16.Apply center seal grease Y056016 to Seal Nut before
17. Install new bearing using Brake/Bearing tool
12002012 , large washers and PVC end cap.