There is frost build up on the door and inside compartment of the freezer. I thought it was the gasket which I purchased. I put on the new gasket and there is a gaping hole in the top part of the freezer door. I'm now thinking that the whole door is the problem. Looks like it might have been damaged (this is a used ref/freezer)maybe it's sprung? Does the door assembly come with all the parts or do I have to purchase each item separately? Can I put the door on myself without any special tools?
Answer Marlena, the freezer door 63001633 does not include the gasket, shelves, or handle. This can be removed from the current door and installed on the new door. Here is the removal instructions. Replace in reverse order. Thanks.
1. Open both compartment doors. Remove door buckets, Place components on a padded surface to avoid damage.
2. Close both doors and tape them shut so they won’t fall off unexpectedly when hinges are removed.
NOTE: To minimize possibility of personal injury and/or property damage, make sure unit doors are taped shut before you undertake the next steps:
3. On top of unit, remove and retain plastic cap from door hinge.
4. Remove and retain screws from top door hinge.
5. Pull tape off of door and lift door off unit. Set door on a padded surface to prevent damage to finish.
6. Remove and retain center hinge pin and all plastic shims. Note number and location of shims as you do so.