F9 error code not improved by power shut down followed by key sequence of stop/clear and broil buttons.
Answer Hello Patrick. The F9 error code is a door lock failure. Check wiring and if good, replace the lock assembly.
What is the best way to access the door latch assembly to replace it?
To remove the door latch assembly,
1. Remove control panel, see "Control Panel" procedure.
2. Remove screws securing door latch to the front of the oven cavity outer shell.
3. Slide oven door latch assembly forward to diagnose.
4. Label and disconnect wire terminals from latch assembly.
5. Reverse procedure to reinstall door latch assembly.
1. Remove power from unit.
2. Remove burner switch control knobs.
3. Open oven door and remove screws securing control panel.
4. Remove screws located on the right and left sides of the control panel.
5. Grasp control panel on the far left and right sides and gently pull the control panel out and down