When I start the Clean Cycle on my Whirlpool gs563lxss0 it gives an error of E1 F5. Do I need to replace with part # AP3968900 or should I troubleshoot differently?
To determine the part that you need to replace you will want to do the following:
1. Verify failure if not displayed. Go to manual diagnostics screen 5 to view and clear error codes.
2. Use manual diagnostics screen 2 to check operation of the door switch, latch switch and door latch motor.
3. Open the oven door.
4. Press the CLEAN key to start the door motor. The CLEAN icon will flash indicating the control is
driving the latch motor and stop flashing when the motor reaches the locked or unlocked
position. The leftmost time digit will display a “1” when the latch is in the locked position and a
“0” in the unlocked position. The door position is displayed with the second time digit from the
left. A “1” will display when the door is closed, and a “0” when the door is open.
5. Verify that the latch motor moves to the latched position.
6. If the motor did not rotate, go to step 7 (check for mechanical binding and motor wiring).
If the motor did rotate, go to step 11 (check door latch switch wiring and circuit).
7. Unplug range or disconnect power.
8. Check integrity of latch mechanism from cam/eccentric, through actuating rod, to latch hook and door slot.
Ensure the hook aligns with the door slot. Correct any mechanical malfunction.
9. If latch mechanism is good, check continuity of the latch motor and of the electrical connections between oven
control and motor. If continuity is present, replace the control.
10. Go to step 18.
11. Observe the time display. Did the leftmost digit change state from a “1” for locked or “0” from unlocked?
- If not, go to step 12 (check door latch switch and wiring).
- If it did, go to step 16 (check door switch circuit).
12. Unplug range or disconnect power.
13. Check continuity of latch switch. Check wires and connectors from control to latch switch, then from latch switch
- Replace harness if damaged.
- Replace door latch assembly if latch switch does not close.
14. If no damage to wires or connectors, replace the control.
15. Go to step 18.
16. Unplug range or disconnect power.
17. Check wires and connectors from control to door switch, then from door switch to control.
18. Replace all parts and panels before operating.
19. Plug in range or reconnect power.
20. Press STOP/CLEAR. Press CLEAN then START. Observe for longer than 1 minute to ensure the operation is
21. Go to step 1 and complete checks.