Washer displays "F" then "H", (very little water). I have taken off the hoses, checked for any blockage, none. Reconnected and started load, it finished with no faults. The next day, washed another load, and the faults are back. Stopped and started in the a different cycle, started to work and then did the faults (F & H) Repair person said I would need to replace the "circuit board". I would like to know if there is a part I can replace myself or at least understand why this is happening to avoid having unnecessary repair done. Thank you in advance for your time.
Answer Hello Teri. The repairman is correct, the control board is a possibility. But there are other things that could be causing the problem. The FH code stands for No water detected entering machine or Pressure switch trip not detected. Here are some things to check
If after 30 seconds the control does not detect water entering machine and then valves will be turned off and the error code will be displayed.
If the control has turned the water valves on and after 8 minutes the flow meter has detected 10.5 gallons of water passing through it, but has not detected the pressure switch trip, the valves will be turned off and the error code will flash.
Press PAUSE/CANCEL twice to clear the display.
• If there is no water in the unit:
- Make sure that both valves at the water source(s) are turned on all the way.
- Check for plugged or kinked inlet hoses or plugged screens in the inlet valves
- Verify inlet valve operation
• If there is water in the unit:
- Verify Drain pump operation
- Pressure Switch Hose is in good condition and properly connected to Tub and Pressure switch
• Verify there is not a siphon problem
• Verify wire harness connections to; Inlet Valves, Pressure Switch, Drain Pump, Flow Meter, and Central Control Unit (CCU)
• Check all hoses for possible leaks
• Verify pressure switch operation
• Verify flow meter operation
• Verify CCU operation
Replace failed component.
Read more: http://www.appliancepartspros.com/repair-help/whirlpool-fault-codes.html#Whirlpool'>http://www.appliancepartspros.com/repair-help/whirlpool-fault-codes.html#Whirlpool Duet Front Loading Automatic Washer Fault Codes#ixzz2tt7FlE8J
Won't spin. It washed a load went into the rinse drained the water. The water was not totally extracted. When I went to respin it would not work. The washer was purchased in april 2005 thanks
Answer Arlene, Raise and lower the kid a few times, listen to hear a "click" noise from the lid switch 8054980. If the lid switch circuit isn't closed, the washer won't spin/drain. Open the lid and check to see if there is something stuck between the top of the tub and the tub cover, or between the tubs, this would keep the tub from spinning up to a high spin speed, to extract the water from the clothes. The check the drain hose for kinks, twists, and clogs, this will also create an issue as well.