How do you change the drum lifter? Do you go in from the bottom of the washer? Two of my drum lifers are broken.
Answer Hello Tim. You will need to remove the inner basket from the outer tubs to change the lifters 34001431. 1. Disconnect power supply to unit.
2. Remove Top Cover.
3. Remove Console.
4. Remove Front Panel.
5. Remove Motor.
6. Remove Pump Hose.
7. Remove the Drain Hose.
8. Remove the two 13mm bolts securing the Rear Struts
to the base.
9. Rotate the struts up against the bottom of the tub to
ease removal of the tub assembly.
10. Remove two each side 13mm bolts securing Counter
NOTE: Torque bolts to 11-22 ft lbs. during installation.
11. Remove wire harness connectors for the heater,
Themistor and ground.
12.Remove two 13mm bolts securing the Front Struts to
base and rotate up against the bottom of the tub.
13. Insert a board or boards across the bottom of the
washer frame to use as a support when removing the
14. Remove fill hose.
15.Remove Pressure Switch harness connector.
16. Remove the Pressure Hose.
17.Remove ground wire.
18. Remove left and right Vent Hoses.
19. Lift Suspension Spring from keeper in cabinet. Repeat
for the opposite side and let Outer Tub rest on
20. Remove two screws securing Center Brace to Back
21. Remove remaining screws securing Back Guard to
22. Grasp the front and rear of the tub and slide out. Use a
blanket or rug to protect the floor.
23. Set the tub on the floor. Position 4" wood blocks or
equivalent around the spinner shaft. Roll the tub to the
upright position and rest it on the blocks.
24. Remove the 10mm screws around the perimeter of the
NOTE: Torque tub bolts to 6-11 ft. lbs.
25. Separate the front and rear halves of the Outer Tub.
26. Tub Gasket can be replaced after tub halves are split.
27. Lift Spinner to access Wave Washer.
28. Remove screw and release tab to remove Baffles.
Reinstall in reverse order. Hope this helps.