What does error code F-21 mean?
The F21 error code indicates a long drain. If the drain time exceeds eight minutes, “F21” will be displayed, the water valves will turn off, and the pump will stop running. Press PAUSE/CANCEL to drain the machine. The display will be cleared and the machine will turn off after a maximum of eight minutes.
1. Check the drain hose and make sure it is not plugged or kinked.
2. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
3. Check the drain pump filter for foreign objects, and also make sure the hose from the tub to the pump is not plugged or kinked.
4. Check the electrical connections at the pump and make sure the pump is running.
5. Plug in washer or reconnect power.
6. If the above does not correct the problem, go to step 7.
7. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
8. Replace the pump.
WE received F20 on my washer we done everything it said to do. Still nothing. When we go to turn it on you can here the motor humming, but nothing . So what can it be?
Answer Wanda, The F20 error codes indicates the washer isn't filling with water - F20 - NO WATER DETECTED ENTERING MACHINE OR PRESSURE SWITCH TRIP NOT DETECTED." make sure the faucets are turned on, and the hose and valve screens aren't clogged with debris. The humming noise you hear could be the 8540751 valve solenoid trying to open.