The 'normal' light blinks constantly. No break in the blinking pattern. Dishwasher does not work and unplugging it hasn't helped. Help is GREATLY APPRECIATED. Thanks!
Answer Hello Melissa. Here are the instructions from the manufacture. Hope this helps.
A rapidly blinking LED over one of the keys of the keypad (or sometimes a “dead” keypad/console) indicates one or more key switch lines are stuck or shorted on either the control or the keypad. To determine which one, do the following test:
1. Unplug dishwasher or disconnect power.
2. Open console and disconnect the keypad ribbon connection from the control (at P1). Put console back together.
3. Plug in dishwasher or reconnect power.
4. With door latched, disconnect and reconnect thermistor or OWI sensor two times in less than 6 seconds.
5. Wait 10 seconds, then monitor the control’s response to the thermistor:
?If the control is OK (no longer sees shorts with the keypad unplugged), it will respond by running service diagnostics. Listen for it to begin filling after it concludes the 5–10 second display test at the beginning of the service diagnostics cycle. Check and/or replace the keypad if the control responds OK.
?If the control is not OK (still sees shorts with the keypad unplugged), then it will NOT respond to the thermistor at all and will remain off
after 10 seconds go by. Make sure the keypad is unplugged for this test. Confirm that all other connections are made, the console and
door are reassembled, power is back on, and the door is latched; then repeat steps 1-5 above. If still no response, replace the control.
1 person found this answer helpful.