How do I remove the top face to replace the burner?
Answer Hello Bart. Here are the instructions from the manufacture. Hope this helps.
1. Turn power off to unit.
2. Open oven door and remove screws securing maintop to oven chassis, located on the out side edges of the maintop.
3. Raise the front edge of the maintop and pull forward approximately 6-inches.
4. Disconnect wire terminal plugs from the maintop assembly.
5. Lift maintop assembly from the oven chassis.
6. Reverse procedure to reinstall maintop assembly.
1 person found this answer helpful.
The center of the main burner does not work...is this part all one piece? Too include the inner and outer burner? Also, how do I lift the stove top lid to replace the burner?
Answer Tom, Yes, the dual burner element is a single piece unit 74008919. Cooktop elements do fail, but most of the time the culprit is the infinite control switch 74003122, you may want to check the switch and wiring first. " Smoothtop Removal 1. Disconnect power before servicing. 2. Remove screws securing assembly to frame. NOTE: Open oven door to access screws. The screws to be removed ate the one's farthest out on the end of the top oven door support frame. 3. Raise smoothtop slightly and move slightly forward.
4. With the smoothtop moved slightly forward, label and disconnect wire harness. 5. Remove smoothtop and place in a protected area with
underside up. 6. Reverse procedures to reassemble. To Remove Elements 1. Disconnect power before servicing. 2. Remove smoothtop, see "Smoothtop Removal" procedure. 3. Remove screws securing element to assembly. 4. Label and disconnect wiring and remove element.
5. Reverse procedures to reassemble.