The dishwasher filler with dirty water when I use my garbage disposal or the side of the sink that the hose from the dishwasher is hooked too. I can run the dishwasher to empty the dirty water and that works but it would be nice not to have it fill with it that stuff.. Any ideas what needs to be fixed? Thanks
You will want to pull the drain pump on the unit and check to make sure that the flapper is still attached. If the flapper is not attached and is not there then you would want to replace the drain pump. This flapper keeps water from flowing back into the unit. The part number for the drain pump is 6-917641.
How do I replace the drain pump flapper? Thank you, David
Answer Hello David. 1. Disconnect power to the machine.
2. Remove Support and Toe Panel.
3. Disconnect lead wire from Pump Assembly.
4. Disconnect drain hose from Pump Assembly.
5. Remove Torx™ screw through bushing in Pump
6. Rotate Pump Assembly to unlock from Tub.
7. You can now replace the flapper 99002815 on the unit. Hope this helps.