Having F20 code error. Should I order a flow meter and intake valve? The error occurs occasionally, sometimes 3 or 4 washings before it gives error and sometimes more often.
Answer Hello Guy. Possible Causes/Procedure
¦ If there is no water in the unit:
– Make sure that both valves at the water source(s) are turned
on all the way.
– Check for plugged or kinked inlet hoses or plugged screens in
the inlet valves.
– Verify inlet valve operation.
¦ If there is water in the unit:
– Verify that the pressure switch hose is in good condition and
properly connected to tub and pressure switch.
1. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
2. Verify there is not a siphon problem.
3. Verify wire harness connections to inlet valves, pressure
switch, flow meter, and Central Control Unit (CCU).
4. Check all hoses for possible leaks.
5. Plug in washer or reconnect power.
6. Verify pressure switch operation.
7. Verify flow meter operation by blowing air through the part
and measuring the resistance.
8. Verify CCU operation by running a Diagnostic test or any cycle.
The small circuit board in the flow meter has what appears to be two contacts enclosed in a glass tube. The tube is broken. does this mean the flow meter is defective? Also I've checked the other components in the water filling operation, they all appear to be in proper working order. Can you think of anything I may have overlooked. Your insights are most appreciated.
Answer Billy, Yes, you will need to replace the flow meter W10176591 , any type of loose connection, or damage to the assembly will require replacement. You didn't mention an actual complaint or error code, etc. but if you were having a water fill issue you should be fine with a new flow meter. The only thing left to check are the debris screens in the end of the fill hoses and the water inlet valve.
My original flow meter part# is w10176591. Will your part# w10110225 replace that part? The part in your diagram looks the same. Please advise. Thank you.
Answer Hello Billy! No, part number W10110225 is not listed as being compatible with your appliance. According to the model number given the replacement flowmeter is part number W10176591. Thanks!