The exterior glass on my microwave door shattered. Can it be replaced and how difficult is it to replace/repair?
Answer Hello Tom! Yes, the door glass can be replaced, part number R0131480. Here is the instructions for the disassembly of the door, this should help with the glass replacement. Thanks!
1. Disconnect power to oven and remove oven door, (see "Door Removal" procedure).
2. Pry away choke cover, by placing a tool in the upper right corner of the door and gently prying outward on the choke cover. Continue to work around the door casing until choke cover is completely loose.
CAUTION: To avoid property damage, care must be taken when prying choke cover from oven door.
3. Slide latch assembly upward and to the left to release plastic tabs from door frame. Once latch assembly is loose the spring may be disconnected from the door frame.
4. Remove screws securing door frame assembly to door panel.
5. Remove door frame assembly by releasing tabs around entire door panel.
6. Remove door handle by removing screws securing handle to door panel.
NOTE: The door handle can only be re-installed by guiding the top and bottom insertion points into the correct receiving slots. It is impossible to reinstall the door handle "upside-down."
7. Remove door glass by releasing tab securing door glass baffle. Remove baffle, then slide door glass to the right slightly, then push the door glass upward to release the glass from the track.
8. Reassemble in reverse order.
1. Disconnect power to oven and remove grille, (see "Grille" procedure).
2. Open the oven door, slowly raise the door evenly, disengaging the pins at the top and bottom.
NOTE: When aligning the door for assembly, the door must be opened as much as possible.
3. To place door back on unit, place bottom pin into hole first and then align the top pin. Once pins are aligned push door downward to lock into place.
4. Replace front grille to complete assembly.
1. Disconnect power to oven.
2. Remove screws located in front on top of microwave securing grille.
3. Pull outward on the top portion of the grille releasing the tabs.
4. Reassemble in reverse order.