How does one replace the stainless panel for a front door which has many dents?
Answer Hello Randall,
The door panel W10235390 can be replaced by following these instructions:
Oven Door Disassembly
1. Remove oven door,
Oven Door Removal
! WARNING !
To avoid risk of personal injury or property damage, do not lift oven door by the handle.
A. Open oven door slightly and grasp door on both sides.
B. Lift up and off the hinge receivers.
C. Reverse procedure to reinstall oven door.
2. Place door on a protected surface.
3. Remove screws securing door glass to oven door trim and frame (screws located along the top and bottom edge of oven door).
NOTE: Proceed with the following steps if replacing door handle.
4. Remove screws securing door handle to door glass.
5. Remove screws securing upper and lower shields.
6. Remove screws securing door baffle.
7. Remove oven door insulation.
8. Remove screws securing outer and inner door glass
(and glass frame).
9. Remove oven door liner, if replacing.
10. Reverse procedure to reassemble oven door.
Hello, I would like to purchase part AP4369682 Glass-Door and try and install it on my JES9800AAB. Do you think this would fit? Im looking to convert my electric downdraft range from Black to stainless without replacing the unit.
Answer Hello Gregory! Unfortunately, the door glass W10185621 is not listed as being compatible with your model JES9800AAB. The black door glass 74005718 and stainless door glass 74007211 listed compatible with your appliance have both been discontinued with no further replacements or cross references available and our company is unaware of any other available sources. Sorry about that!