Do you disconnect the gas to install the hinges?
Answer Hi Susan. You should be OK from shutting the gas off. You may be able to un bolt and slide the entire hinge assy from the front or the oven cavity. Only if you have to wrestle this unit w/ 2-healthy men. Prepare it to slide out level to the hole and support it with a solid stools (plural), remove the sides and then have side access to the hinges. Best wishes. Let us know if we can assist further. Thank you.
Installation procedure for replacement hinges part # ap 4059688 by whirlpool.
Answer Hello George. 1. Turn off power to the unit at the circuit breaker.
2. Remove oven door, see “Door Removal” procedure.
3. Remove screws securing wall oven to cabinet.
4. Remove unit from cutout position and place on a
5. Remove screws securing back cover to chassis and
6. Remove screws securing top cover to chassis and
7. Remove screws securing appropriate side body panel
to chassis and remove.
8. Remove screw securing side insulation retainer to rear
of oven chassis.
9. Grasp upper back portion of the side insulation
retainer and pull outward to remove.
10. Remove the top and bottom screws securing hinge
assembly to the front of the oven cavity.
11. Remove the hinge assembly from the unit.
12.Reverse procedure to reinstall oven door hinge
assembly 7106P045-60. Hope this helps.