How is the sleeve kit installed in the icemaker bin?
Answer Hello Steve. Here are the instrucions from the manufacture. Hope this helps.
Remove the ice bin from refrigerator.
1. Push auger downward from rear of ice bin and pull auger outward.
2. Tilt auger outward and remove auger coupler from auger end.
3. Install auger sleeve over auger.
4. Install auger coupler over auger sleeve.
5. With auger sleeve and coupler installed, push auger assembly down and inward.
6. With auger assembly in place, rotate assembly in ice bin to assure it moves freely.
7. Install the new ice maker shutoff arm on ice maker.
8. After installing ice maker arm, check ice maker module for broken cam. If broken, order W10190935 module assembly.
1 person found this answer helpful.
water drips from back of auger on ice maker pan. is there supposed to be an oring or not?otherwise why would it drip from the back where the auger is turned.
thank you in advance
Answer Roth, Your ice bin is leaking water from the back side of the bin ? There are no seals or "O"AP2987884 rings in the rear of the bin assembly 2196089, the only water in the vicinity would be from the ice maker itself. It would most likely be due to a sticky, fill valve solenoid 4318046 or the icemaker itself is not level. Thanks and Good Luck.
I just installed a replacement ice maker model #10657757790. It won't stop making ice. Is there an adjustment? The arm on the original one when you lifted it seemed to click, this one doesn't.
Answer Hello Mark. You will need to check and make sure the arm is locked into the icemaker correctly. If it is not, the unit will continue to run. There is a ridge on the arm assembly where it goes into the icemaker. This should go all the way inside the arm slot to where you do not see the ridge anymore. In the picture of the part, you can see the ridge at the top section of the arm assembly. If this is locked in place correctly, you should feel the arm lock in the off position when you raise it. Hope this helps.