Bought a replacement dual infinite switch part number 12002125 and it is different from switch being removed. Current switch has two red wired joined together, another single red wire, yellow wire, white or beigh wire, two black wires connected together and an orange/red wire from the round temp sensor. Please let me know which poles should have what wires connected.
The following is the instructions for your switch.
1. Double RED: N -> P2 (incoming power, Line 1)
2. Single RED: N -> 2 (to Inner AND Outer heating elements common wire)
3. Single BLK: L1 -> P1 (incoming power, Line 2)
4. Single TAN: H1 -> 4 (to the Inner heating element)
5. Single YEL: H2-> 4a (to the Inner heating element)
6. Single BLK: P -> S2 (to the R.F. indicator control light)
7. Attach jumper black wire (included with new switch) from P1 (P1 has two connectors close together) to S1.
*On units with a compound connection, the two red wires must be separated. Locate the right front switch
connection (L2). The red wire routed from the right rear element/switch will remain, but the red wire routed from
left rear element/switch must be disconnected, re-terminated and connected to position 2 on the new dual
*On units with an L2 piggyback connection, the two red wires must be separated. Locate the red wire routed to
L2 supply and connect it to position P2 on the new dual switch. Locate the red wire routed to the element and
connect it to position 2 on the new dual switch.
*On all other applications, the wire connected to the element should terminate to position 2 on the new dual
I am trying to wire a dual infinite switch. As I have read a lot of people struggle. My problem is I do not have a red wire. I have a Blue wire, dual black, purple and dual pink. Please help
The 2 wires that they would be referring to on your dual element switch would be the pink wires. They are just discolored. If you check the instructions with the part it gives specifics on how to wire the part. You will simple transfer most of the wires over to newly labeled number on the switch.