How to replace the front door panel?
Answer Hello Jerry. Here are the instructions from the manufactre. Hope this helps.
1. Open the door and remove the center
screw of each hinge secured to the inner
flange of the front panel in the door
2. Grasp the door with both hands and lift
the hinge area slightly. Draw the door assembly
away from the machine. This will
disengage the hinges from the slots in the
front shroud. If the hinges
bind, press out on the plastic shroud near
the hinge toward the cabinet.
1. Repeat the above steps and, remove the
corresponding sheet metal spacers on the
2. Remove the hinges from the door and relocate
them to the other side of the door.
3. Remount the door into the new slots and
secure with one screw into each hinge.
4. Mount the sheet metal spacers onto the
side where the hinges were previously to
cover the hinge slots in the front shroud.
1. Remove ten screws located across the bottom
and along either side of the door
panel. The top edge of the outer panel is
folded over the inner door plug.
2. With the outer door panel removed, the
stabilizer is exposed and is attached to the
inner door plug.
Door Latch Hoop
The door latch hoop is snapped into the door
liner. A spring retains the hoop in the proper
position to align with the door lock mechanism
when the door is closed. A plastic support
is snapped into place over the latch hoop
at add strength.
1. Disconnect power to the unit.
2. Open the door and remove the four screws
along the inside lip of the door opening.
The two that are located vertically, on either
side of the door opening, secure the
front panel to the front shroud assembly. Care should be taken when
opening and closing the door with the
3. Remove the door.
4. To remove the front panel, open the door,
twist the upper right and left panel extensions
inward by pressing in on the outer
upper edges of the front panel posts. This
will disengage the front panel posts from
clips located on the face of the cabinet
5. Tilt the top of the front panel away from
the washer. Then, remove the front panel.