Why is the inverter half the cost of the complete washer?
Answer Hello Ray,
Because that is the way the manufacturer of the part priced it. This question should be directed toward them. We just sell their parts. We do set the suggested retail price.
KHHS179LSS-4 runs about 10 sec then displays an F7 error. IS this an inverter failure? Is there a fuse on the inverter board?
The F7 Error code indicates that power to the magnetron was interrupted. You will want to make the following checks:
1. Unplug microwave oven or disconnect power.
2. After 40 seconds, check to see whether this solves the problem.
3. Unplug microwave oven or disconnect power.
4. Check resistance of the magnetron thermostat.
5. Check the magnetron.
6. Check wiring to the 1100W inverter and control system. See “Checking
7. Plug in microwave oven or reconnect power.
8. Check operation of all interlock switches. Check door, hinge and cavity
front alignment. Adjust as needed.
9. Unplug microwave oven or disconnect power.
10. If switches operate correctly, replace 1100W inverter.
11. If problem persists, replace electronic control.
12. Plug in microwave oven or reconnect power.