The exhaust fan is nonfunctioning. What are the possible parts that would restore service?
Answer Hello Ray. You will need to test and see if your getting power to the fan motor. If so, you will need to replace the fan motor. If no power is present, then you will need to replace the control board. Hope this helps.
The power has been reduced in our microwave for about a month after we smelled smoke once during its operation. Now we are getting an F7 error code after the microwave has been operating for a very short time. Can this be something other than the inverter board? It would not be worth it for us to replace the inverter board on this unit.
Answer Hello Tonya. Here are a few things to try to determine the problem for an F7 code on your microwave.
Microwave will not operate (cook). F7 error code
appears on the display.
Electrical circuit interruption between L1 and Neutral in
the microwave inverter circuit.
1. Check door, hinge and cavity front alignment and adjust
2. Check the operation of all interlock switches.
3. Check over temperature protector for the magnatron.
4. Check all Cavity Thermostats for closed circuit.
5. Unplug the oven for at least 40 seconds. If this solves
A. Check the Cooling Fan for proper operation or
B. Check the resistance of the magnetron thermostat.
It should be 0 Ohms, replace if necessary.
6. Check that the control cable to the 1100 watt inverter
is properly connected to plug P2 on the display PCB
& Adjust or Reconnect
7. If interlock switches operate correctly, replace 1100W
8. If problem persists, replace control assembly.
Hope this helps.