KHHS179LSS-4 runs about 10 sec then displays an F7 error. IS this an inverter failure? Is there a fuse on the inverter board?
The F7 Error code indicates that power to the magnetron was interrupted. You will want to make the following checks:
1. Unplug microwave oven or disconnect power.
2. After 40 seconds, check to see whether this solves the problem.
3. Unplug microwave oven or disconnect power.
4. Check resistance of the magnetron thermostat.
5. Check the magnetron.
6. Check wiring to the 1100W inverter and control system. See “Checking
7. Plug in microwave oven or reconnect power.
8. Check operation of all interlock switches. Check door, hinge and cavity
front alignment. Adjust as needed.
9. Unplug microwave oven or disconnect power.
10. If switches operate correctly, replace 1100W inverter.
11. If problem persists, replace electronic control.
12. Plug in microwave oven or reconnect power.
The exhaust fan is nonfunctioning. What are the possible parts that would restore service?
Answer Hello Ray. You will need to test and see if your getting power to the fan motor. If so, you will need to replace the fan motor. If no power is present, then you will need to replace the control board. Hope this helps.