I need to replace the inside glass of the door. What is the best, simplest option?
Answer Hello Jim. 74003320 is the correct inner door glass for the unit. To change the glass in an oven door, you will need to determine how to remove the door on the model number you are working on. If you open the door to the first stopping point, some oven doors will lift off the unit in this position. On other models, you will see clips on the back of the hinge toward the opening where the hinge enters the range. If yours is like this, you will open the door all the way open, then pull the clips down until they stop and lock in place. Then close the door to the stopping point and lift the door off the range. If you door does not lift off, and it does not have the clips, then you will open the door all the way open. You will see a hole in the hinge at the bottom of the door. You will insert a pin or nail into that hole and close the door to the stopping point. Then you can lift the door off the unit. Once the door is removed, you will lay it on a soft surface and disassemble the door. Pay attention and make notes if needed for reassembly of the oven door. Once you have replaced the door glass, you will reinstall the oven door back onto the range in reverse order of the way you removed it.
The outer glass broke on my oven door. This appears to be the correct replacement part, but will any other parts be required to install the new glass? Also, is the installation difficult?
Answer Hello Rachel! The door kit 12002396 is the correct outer door glass for your Maytag Range model MGR4452BDW. You will only need to order this part, if this part only is defective on your appliance. Here are the instructions for the disassembly located from the manufacturer, hope they help!
Remove oven door:
1. Open oven door and place door hinge locking device into lock position.
2. Place oven door in first stop position, then grasp both sides and lift up off the hinges.
1. Remove oven door, see "Oven Door Removal" procedure.
2. Place door on a protected surface.
3. Remove screws securing bottom trim to oven door.
4. Slide outer oven door glass and trim towards the bottom of the oven door and remove.
5. Detach right and left trim pieces for outer door glass.