My Dryer sticks on 7 minutes. What do I replace
Answer Hello Randy,
This will most likely be a thermistor. The outlet thermistor 8577274 should read about 10k ohms and is located on the blower shroud. If this does not correct the issue, the control W10110641 has most likely experienced an issue.
Please send installation instructions.
Answer Hello Robert,
The following is quoted from the service manual on a similar model since we do not have access to the sears service manuals.
REMOVING THE CONSOLE & THE TOUCHPAD SUBASSEMBLY
NOTE: Sharp edges may be present.
1. Turn off the gas to the dryer and disconnect the electrical power.
2. Pull the dryer away from the wall and remove the top cover.
3. Remove the three hex-head screws from the rear flange of the dryer’s top cover. NOTE: The top cover screws have nylon flat washers on them. Be sure to use these screws when you reinstall the top cover.
4. Lift the rear of the top cover and slide it back so the tabs clear the catches on the bracket, and remove the cover from the unit. NOTE: Make sure that the tabs slide under the bracket catches when you reinstall the top cover.
5. Remove the three screws from the machine control electronics board bracket and pull the bracket away from the side of the dryer so you can access the connectors.
6. Disconnect the ends of the two ribbon cables from the machine control electronics board connectors P3 and P4.
7. Remove the two screws from the console bracket.
8. Open the door and pull out on the bottom of the console to release the locking tabs from the door panel.
9. Lift the console straight up until the brackets are free of the left and right side panel flanges and remove the console.
10. Place the console assembly on a padded work surface with the bracket side facing up.
11. Remove the four hex-head screws from the console bracket and remove the bracket.
12. Remove the selector knob.
13. Remove the touchpad subassembly from the console by unsnapping the six catches. Use your thumb or a screwdriver.
From this point, aside from the small variances (since this unit was built exclusively for Kenmore), the two-part control should come out simply with a bit of difficulty.