I have Whirlpool Double Oven RBD306PDB14. I had a problem with the display (blank), after replacing the control board I was able to set and see the time but after about 30 seconds I see the codes F5 E1 on the display. I am told that it is a latch problem.
What part(s) do I need to fix the problem? Anything I can check before I order the part? Also, it is a double oven, how do I know if it is the Upper or Lower oven?
Thanks for your help.
Answer Hello Tom. 1. Check the latch assembly: latch arm pivot joint, arm/motor connection,
plunger and hook springs.
2. Check the Latch Motor:
- Check for firm electrical connections.
- Disconnect the two wires from the motor and measure the resistance
of the motor. The resistance should be approx. 2450O. If the
motor is open (8O) or shorted (0O), it should be replaced.
3. Check the Latch Switch. Disconnect it and use a continuity tester:
- Door latched = switch closed, continuity should read 0O.
- Door unlatched = switch open, continuity should read 8O.
4. Check Door Open/Closed Switch. Disconnect it and use a continuity tester:
- Door open = switch open, continuity should read 8O.
- Door closed = switch closed, continuity should read 0O.
5. Check Sister Board.
- Check connections, latch motor – sister board.
- Replace sister board.
6. Check power and element connections.
7. Replace control.