I received the light assembly # 74011220 for my jenn air.
I pulled the burnt out one out a bit.
Do I need to lift the glass top off to complete?
Answer Hello NJ. Oven Light Bulb/Oven Light Socket
The light automatically illuminates when the door is
opened. The light will not operate during a clean cycle.
1. Remove power from unit.
2. Open oven door and locate oven light.
3. Grasp lens cover and pull outward on one side to
gain access to the bulb.
4. Carefully remove old bulb by lifting bulb straight out of
5. When installing the new bulb, place cover over socket
so the cut-out in the glass cover aligns with the base
on the socket.
NOTE: To avoid damaging the new bulb and
decreasing life of the bulb, do not touch new
bulb with bare hands or fingers.
Hold with a cloth or paper towel.
NOTE: Proceed with the following steps for oven light
socket removal. 6. Remove power to unit.
7. Remove screw securing light socket to oven cavity.
8. Label and disconnect wire terminals from light socket.
9. Reverse procedure to reinstall light socket.
NOTE: Reposition fiberglass insulation around light
socket to eliminate the possibility of any heat
How do I replace the lamp assembly in the oven?
Answer Hello Ray. Remove the screw securing the housing and tilt forward and pull out wires and unplug the assembly.