I have a commercial microwave Amana manufactured sep 2009
On an efficiency test with 1 ltr of water at starting temp of 18 deg,increase in-temp of 12 degs after 63 secs I believe the magnetron may be the fault The magnetron number is toshiba 2m282j(LG) could you advise on diagnosis and part number.
Answer Hi. The magnetron is part # 53001581. The diode is not available. The capacitor is part 59001171. When measuring the board output to the transformer primary side ONLY for 120 vac. From then on you only ohm check components. The magnetron terminals should ohm to 1-ohm. Look at the side magnets to see if they are cracked and/or if the magnetron tip is burnt. The capacitor stores high voltage and is a dangerous part. It's job is to make the firing time more efficient with less lag firing time. The diode ohms out closed one way and open the other way. If it reads either conditions both ways then it is bad. Make sure incoming line voltage is correct before testing rise in temperature issues. Procedure
1. Fill the test container to the 1000 ml line with cool tap water.
NOTE: Water temperature should be approximately 60°F / 16°C
2. Using the thermometer, stir water for five to ten seconds; measure, and record the temperature (T1).
3. Place test container of water in the center of oven cavity and close door.
4. Heat the water for a 33-second full power cycle.
NOTE: Use a digital watch or a watch with a second hand for ovens with electromechanical timers.
1. At end of the cycle, remove test container. Using the thermometer, stir water for five to ten seconds and record
2. Subtract the starting water temperature (T1), from the ending water temperature (T2) to obtain the temperature
3. If the temperature rise (?T) meets or exceeds the minimum, the test is complete. If the temperature rise (?T)
fails to meet the minimum temperature rise, test the line voltage to verify it is correct. Then repeat steps 1-6
making sure to change the water. If the temperature rise (?T) fails to meet the minimum temperature rise again
the oven will require service. Thank You.
Please give the specifications for the magnetron.
It is in order to fit lg magnetron number 2m214?
Answer Hello Joseph. The numbers on this magnetron 53001581 is 2M262J(LG) and is the replacement for the model number you provided.