I had a F21 code then a F28 code.
Answer Hello Ben,
The F21 is the code for a long drain. For this code you need to check the pump area for debris and check the pump for normal operation. As per the tech sheet: If the drain time exceeds eight minutes, “F21” will be displayed, the water valves will turn off and the pump will stop running. Press PAUSE/CANCEL to drain the machine. The display will be cleared and the machine will turn off after a maximum of eight
minutes. Possible Causes/Procedure - 1. Check the drain hose and make sure it is not plugged or kinked. 2. Unplug washer or disconnect power. 3. Check the electrical connections at the pump and make sure the pump is running. 4. Check the drain pump filter for foreign objects. 5. Plug in washer or reconnect power. 6. Unplug washer or disconnect power. 8. Replace the pump.
The F28 is a serial communication error. The tech sheet instructs the following for this code: The communication between the Central Control Unit (CCU) and the Motor Control Unit (MCU) cannot be sent correctly. Possible Causes/Procedure 1. Unplug washer or disconnect power. 2. Check wire harness connections to the MCU, the motor, and Central Control Unit (CCU). Check connections of the CCU board within the housing. Make sure all grounding switches are engaged. 3. Check the drive system for any worn or failed components. 4. Plug in washer or reconnect power. 5. Verify CCU operation by running a Diagnostic Test or any cycle. 6. Check the MCU by looking for operations of the drive motor. 7. Check the drive motor for powered rotations. 8. Check that the serial harness at the MCU is not mounted upside down. The wires should be to the left when facing the MCU connectors.
Kenmore HE4t. history of F11 error code on spin cycle usually. i ordered this replacement CCU and installed it. now i get the error code (F11) right away just as the cycle starts to work.
Answer Hello John. The Motor Control Unit has internal failure. If failure occurs during high-speed spin the
door unlocks after 3 minutes. This error code is only shown in Diagnostic test. Possible Causes/Procedure
- Verify the shipping system including shipping bolts and spacers are removed,
and power cord out of the unit.
- Check if washer is on a dedicated circuit. Other devices on same circuit can create
line noise and cause this issue.
- Unplug washer or disconnect power
- Check the neutral feed to the MCU and CCU from the AC line filter.
- Check all wire harness connections between the Motor & MCU, and MCU to CCU,
are not broken or wires detached and connector internal pins are visible.
- Make sure that all the connectors are fully seated.
- Plug in washer or reconnect power cord.
- Verify the unit operation by running the Diagnostic Test cycle. See page 5.
- After the diagnostic test has finished, unplug washer or disconnect power cord
and wait for 15 seconds.