The washer flashes the F06 code. The diagnostic test did not show any problems...a service tech thought we should replace the MCU but did not do any testing/diagnostic. Is there some diagnostics we can do to try to determine if it is the MCU? The part isn't cheap. Also if I order the part and that is not the problem can I return it? Thank you
Answer Hello Rose. The control is unable to properly detect motor speed and
the machine will shut down. If a failure occurs during
high-speed spin, the door will be unlocked after three
minutes. Possible Causes / Procedure
1. Verify the shipping system including shipping bolts,
spacers and cables are removed.
2. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
3. Check wire harness connections between the drive
motor and the Motor Control Unit (MCU), and between
the MCU and the Central Control Unit (CCU).
4. Plug in washer or reconnect power.
5. Check the MCU by looking for operations of the drive
6. Check the drive motor for powered rotations.