My washer is coming up with a code of F7E1, A service man said that the motor and controller gaver is bad? Do you think I should replaced it?
Answer Hello Don. Possible Causes/Procedure
- Verify that the shipping system, including shipping bolts and spacers, are removed,
and that the power cord is out of the washer.
- Unplug washer or disconnect power.
- Make sure that all wire harness connections between the Motor & MCU, and MCU to
CCU are not broken or with wires detached, and that connector internal pins are visible.
- Check continuity from the main motor to the motor control (MCU) and MCU
to the CCU (MS2, MI3 cavities).
- If the continuity diagnosis failed, Main Harness must be replaced.
- Check the resistance of main Motor.
- Check the resistance of the Tachometer.
- Make sure that the motor connector is assembled correctly.
- Plug in washer or reconnect power.
- Verify the washer operation by running the Diagnostic Test cycle.
- After the diagnostic test has finished, unplug washer or disconnect
power and wait for 15 seconds.