Is there some sort of protection on this machine for an overloaded motor, a breaker or some sort of automatic shutdown ?
Seems there is a slight electronic smell in the vicinity of the machine when it has been ran. Might be something else.
Answer Randall, Yes there is a safety device built into the motor, called an "overload" when the motor is operating, and there is an excessive "drag" on the motor, the overload will open and eliminate power to the motor windings. A quick, easy check is to use a multi meter, and insert the probes into the vacant receptacle of the outlet, and check the "static" voltage(110 to 120 VAC) then start the washer, in a regular cycle with or without a load, observe the meter readings at each cycle (fill, wash, drain spin, etc.). You must maintain a minimum of 108 VAC for proper operation, the lower the voltage, the more likely you'll have an odor, any voltage below 105 VAC will cause the motor to stall, produce an odor and smoke and overheat and open the overload.