Is it easy to replaced the outer tub?
Answer Hello Peter. No, it is not easy to replace the outer tub, but can be done. 1. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
2. Turn off the water supply to the washer.
3. Pull the washer away from the wall.
4. Remove the detergent dispenser assembly.
5. Loosen the clamp and remove the main
water feed tube from the detergent dispenser.
6. Pull the free end of the main water feed
tube from the tub opening.
7. Remove the eight hex-head screws from
the front frame and remove the frame.
8. Remove the 1/2? bolts (3 each) from the
front top and bottom tub weights, and remove
the weights from the tub.
9. Rotate the support out of the way, and
remove the three 1/2? bolts from the top
rear weight, then remove the weight from
10. Remove the bellows from the tub.
11. Using a shallow pan to catch the water,
unscrew the filter from the drain pump,
and drain the water from the pump.
12. Loosen the clamp and remove the pumpto-
tub hose from the drain pump.
REASSEMBLY NOTE: When you reconnect
the hose, align the tab with the arrow on the
13. Remove the rear panel.
14. Loosen the clamp and remove the vent
15. Remove the basket drive pulley from the
16. Remove the T-20 Torx screw from the
ground wire that is connected to the bearing
hub, and pull the wire out of the tub
17. Disconnect the pressure hose from the
18. Remove the drive motor from the tub.
19. Remove the temperature sensor and
heater from the tub.
20. Remove the four motor control unit wiring
standoffs from the tub. Squeeze in on the
standoff tabs to release the standoffs.
21. Remove the four shock absorbers from
the tub. To remove a shock absorber:
a) Remove the 11/16? (17 mm) mounting
bolt and nut from the base.
b) Using a pair of pliers, turn the top of
the shock absorber 90° so that the
locking tabs align with the slots in the
tub, and remove the shock absorber.
REASSEMBLY NOTE: When you reinstall
the shock absorbers in the base
mounting brackets, tighten the nut until it
contacts the bracket, then turn the nut an
22. Remove the end of the vent tube from
23. To remove the tub and basket:
a) Lift the tub and basket assembly and
unhook the two suspension springs,
then remove the assembly from the
washer, and place it front-side down
on a padded surface.
b) Remove the flat nuts from the tub.
c) Mark the edges of the tub clamps with
a pencil to make it easier to reinstall
d) Use a large flat-blade screwdriver and
pry off the tub clamps.
e) Use a large flat-blade screwdriver and
pry the tub halves apart, then lift the
rear half of the tub off the front half.
f) Lift the basket from the front half of the
Hope this helps.
on spin cycles the basket wabbles and makes a loud noise,i saw pieces of hard plastic melted and clean the pump out also found a sock and alot of plastic do i need to replace only the the front outer tub?
Answer Bunchy, We would have to think you'll need more than just the front tub assembly. You didn't mention any abnormal noises, but if there is plastic chips in the drain pump, and the inner basket is wobbling, you'd have to suspect a worn out tub bearing ( rear tub assembly) W10253866 or cracked or broken spin basket support arm W10269756 as well. Good Luck and Thanks