How hard is it to replace an oven ignitor in this model? The oven all of a sudden started taking a long time to heat up. Sometimes I will have to crank it up to 500 degrees to get it to heat up to 350 and it takes like 40 minutes.. I think its the ignitor..
Answer Hello Debra. 1. Turn off electrical power and gas to the range.
2. Disconnect gas and power from unit.
3. Remove oven door and racks.
4. Remove screws securing bottom bake cover.
5. Raise the back of the bake burner cover and slide
cover back to release the front edge of cover and lift
out of oven cavity.
6. Remove screws securing bake burner assembly to
the oven chassis.
7. Maneuver bake burner from the burner orifice and out
of the slotted location.
8. Pull forward on assembly to allow the ignitor terminal
plug to pass through the back of the oven cavity.
9. Disconnect terminal plug and remove assembly from
the oven cavity.
10.Remove screws securing ignitor to bake burner.
11. Replace and reassemble in reverse order.