I am getting a message of F3 on my Whirlpool Oven. The oven and broiler do not work but the burners on the stove work.
Answer Hello Cory. 1. Unplug range or disconnect power.
2. Disconnect sensor from harness.
3. Measure sensor value (between connector pins) between 1000 ? @ 32°F (0°C) and 2697 ? @ 900°F (482.2°) (room temperature
approx. = 1080 ?). Also measure from sensor connector to sensor casing for possible short. If measurement does not correlate to
real temperature, or if short is found, replace sensor.
4. Trace wires and connectors to sensor from control, then back to control. If wire or connection is damaged, replace the harness.
5. Reconnect the sensor to the harness.
6. Replace all parts and panels before operating.
7. Plug in range or reconnect power.
8. Press BAKE and START/ENTER. Observe for longer than 1 minute. If failure remains, go to step 9.
9. Unplug range or disconnect power.
10. Replace control.
11. Replace all parts and panels before operating.
12. Plug in range or reconnect power.
13. Verify operation is normal. Go to step 1 and complete checks.
When trying to use the electric broiler it cycles on and off but never
gets up to temp self clean will not get hot to clean the oven but the oven seems to be ok could it be the oven sensor
Yes the oven sensor could be an issue with the oven not working during the self clean properly. It would be more likely that the issue is with the oven control not allowing the relay on the elements to stay on.