flame only stays lit for 17 seconds and goes out. after some time the igniter comes on and re lights burner for only 17 seconds again. is the flame sensor bad? how do I check it? thanks in advance, Ray
Answer Ray, The flame sensor would have a "closed" circuit when tested "cold" (room temperature) with a multi meter and the wires disconnected from the terminals. At present, it sounds more like an air flow issue, you should disconnect the exhaust vent from the back of the dryer and check and clear any kinks, or clogs and debris from the inside of the pipes/tubes and vent hood. You also want to remove the lint trap and remove any lint or debris that has accumulated in the duct assembly, under the filter.
What should it read on a meter?
Answer Hello Steve. The thermal kit 53-1096 on the unit should all read closed for continuity. You can test this with a multi-meter TJMA-DMT3. Here is a link on how to use a multi-meter. http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/oven-repair-including-ranges-cooktops/4810-how-check-continuity-ohmmeter.html
Went to use dryer, nothing no light in the drum. There is power to the dryer, don't know how to check from there.
Answer Hello RJ. Based on the information you provided, the thermal kit LA-1053 is bad and will need to be replaced in the unit.