How do I remove the left front ignitor switch on a Magic Chef stove top?
Answer Hello Bill,
With the power to the unit dis-connected, you will need to raise the top and remove the knobs and the screws that hold the control cover in place. This should provide access to the burner start switch 12002788.
Can I get just one ignitor from your parts, will this be sufficient, I am to understand that you push on the side of this and it will release the wire?
Answer Hello Rudi. To get a single ignitor you will want to order part number 8523793. For the ignitor switch, if the first two of your serial number is from 10-16 you will need 12002788, if it's 17 and above you will order 12002789. Thanks!
Water got dripped from the knob down into the ignitor area and made a popping and snap sound. Breaker tripped. now this burner does not light, I assume it is because the plastic ignitor piece is bad. How does one check it. how does the replacement get wired in. It's the front burner (16 btu)
Answer Hello Rudi. Here are the instructions from the manufacture. Hope this helps.
1. Disconnect power before servicing.
2. Remove surface burner control knobs by grasping
knob and raising knob straight upward.
3. Remove screws securing infinite switch bracket to
4. Remove screws securing burner assemblies to
5. Remove screws securing maintop to chassis.
Screws are located in the front left and right corners
with the upper oven door open.
6. Raise and remove maintop from unit.
7. Reverse procedures to reassemble.
Top Surface Valve and Spark Switch
1. Remove maintop, see "Maintop Removal" procedure,
(steps 1 – 6).
2. Remove spark switch(es) by pulling upward off valve.
3. Remove wires from spark switch by depressing
4. Remove bolt(s) securing surface valve(s) to
manifold. Located on the bottom of manifold.
5. Reverse procedures to reassemble.
NOTE: Preform leak test to verfy no gas leaks.