Do I need to remove the glass cook-top before I can replace this switch (W10185286)?
Answer Hello AC. 1. Remove power from unit.
2. Remove burner switch control knobs.
3. Remove front screws securing control panel to
4. Remove screws located on the left and right sides of
the control panel.
5. Grasp control panel on the far left and right sides and
gently pull the control panel out and down.
NOTE: The electronic control located in the control
panel is a sensitive item, handle gently.
6. Label and disconnect wire terminals.
7. Remove infinite switch control knobs, infinite
switches, indicator lights, rocker switches, and
electronic control/clock (as necessary) and transfer to
the new control panel.
8. Reverse procedure to reinstall control panel. 1. Remove control panel, see "Control Panel" procedure
2. Label and disconnect wire terminals from infinite
3. Remove knob on infinite switch being replaced.
4. Remove screws in front securing infinite switch to
5. Reverse procedure to reinstall infinite switch.